Manor ISD, with budgeting assistance from E3, allocated bond dollars to implement District-wide energy conservation and deferred maintenance upgrades. Through this program, Manor ISD collaborated to:
- Provide a stable and comfortable learning environment in MISD
- Make needed life-cycle upgrades to existing MISD facilities
- Implement new technologies that will benefit instruction
- Maximize energy savings
- Implement a long-term plan to promote efficient buildings at MISD
Project details include the following:
- Over 200 HVAC units replaced older than 15 years, at 7 facilities
- District-wide LED lighting retrofits- over 18,000 fixtures
- Building automation upgrades at 14 facilities
- Power factor correction
In order to meet the needs of the District, much of this project was installed during the summer of 2017 in order to ensure the proper operation of MISD’s facilities for the start of school in August.
The $10.2M energy efficiency and conservation project is guaranteed to reduce operating costs by approximately $293,000, or 17%, annually for MISD. Energy efficiency rebates that were procured through Austin Energy exceeded $100,000.